I really want a signature scent but I have had a hard time committing to a single fragrance. For a long time I wore Chanel No. 19 and it had a great chance of becoming my signature scent. The eau de parfum became extremely hard to find though, and so I had to move on to other perfumes.

I wore a Guerlain perfume called Cherry Blossom which I loved but it was a limited edition so it could not become my signature scent. Champs-Elysees was next but no one liked the scent on me so out the door it went. I tried a couple of Hermes perfumes (Rouge Hermes and Eau des Merveilles) but they were a little too strong. I wore Fracas for a while but the perfume's scent changed. At least it changed on me so I no longer buy it.

For the past five years I have been wearing Annick Goutal's Gardenia Passion. I bought my first bottle at her boutique in Paris. It is a great perfume and the bottle looks so pretty on my dressing table. I love the way it smells and I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. I am not sure, however, that I will still be wanting to wear it when I am in my 60's, 70's etc. It seems like a perfume for the young.

So my search continues. Maybe I will have some luck this fall in Paris. I plan to try out a couple of perfumes at Caron. Hopefully I will finally find the one, the one perfume I feel I can wear for the rest of my life.
Do you have a signature scent?



4 comments:
You have touched on my favorite subject ever. I wish I was a signature scent kind of girl but I love perfume too much to settle on just one. I think they are works of art. I'm going to slowly post about all of my perfumes as time goes on. I would have to say the closest I've ever come to a signature scent would be with Chanel No 5, Frederic Malle Iris Poudre or Lipstick Rose, Guerlain Vega, or Chanel No 22. But I always stray and try new ones or wear old favorites.
Hello
I have just discovered your lovely blog via Bonjour Madame's. It's funny but for years I wore Chanel No 19 which I still like but haven't worn for years. I do wera quite a few different perfumes to suit my mood. I wear Hermes 'Un Jardin sur le Nil', Reminiscence 'Patchouli', Vanilla scent, Sisley 'Eau du Soir', Occitane' Amber', Annick Goutal ' Eau d'Adrien BUT my FAVOURITE is...
Chanel '31 Rue Cambon' that is one one I find myself wearing the most often. I absolutely love it!
Isabelle x
This brings back memories...Chanel 19 and Chanel 22 were my first "grown-up" perfumes bought for me by my grandmother when I was about 15 and 16. My most recent "signature" perfume was a really common one - Estee Lauder Knowing. I never wore it without compliments, but a couple of colleagues decided they wanted to wear it too and one simply drenched herself in it. Not a good idea in a cube farm. So -- I continue the search.
I tried J-Lo's glow one time, expecting it to be very strong. Instead, it is light and sort of orange blossom, and I wear it often. My other favorite right now is Today by Avon. It also is a light floral. I guess floral scents are my signature, but I haven't landed on just one yet. In the past I have also enjoyed Jessica by Jessica McClintock and Laura Ashley #1.
Post a Comment