
One of my favorite things to do when I visit France is sit in a café. I love that for the price of a cup of coffee you can sit in one place all day and think, read, write, people watch etc. The wait staff won’t bother you or tell you to leave. We don’t have this kind of establishment where I live. I mean you can go to Starbucks coffee and sit down for a while, but it isn’t really the same. We do have sidewalk cafes but unless you plan to keep on buying food your time at a table is restricted.
I read this article the other day on the Bonjour Paris website. I too am envious of the old man who gets to sit in “his” café all day. I have dreams of one day saving enough money to move to a small village in France and become a café regular. I could sit all day and write in my journal, write letters to loved ones back home, read a good book and enjoy the simple pleasure of life in a French cafe.



2 comments:
I loved the French Cafe's. I don't even drink coffee, but I had my share of cafe creme while there just to sit and enjoy the experience. It is an event to go to a cafe, even if you just sit and read or write as you said.
There is nothing better that is for sure, xv.
Post a Comment