Thursday, April 23, 2009

Flowers




I bought these roses yesterday at Fresh Market. I love fresh flowers, specifically fresh white flowers. White flowers are so pure, simple, and beautiful. I am not much of a plant person, I have a hard time taking care of them. Flowers are better because there isn't the pressure to keep them alive. Since I know that they are not going to last forever, I don't feel so bad when they wilt and die. Plus, the flowers just smell really lovely. Sometimes I wish I had the budget to buy flowers every week but then I wonder if I would appreciate them as much as I do buying them just once a month like I do now.

What kind of flowers do you like?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

The roses are gorgeous. My favorite flower is a peony for the scent and lush petals. I rarely see them though. I normally like to buy sunflowers, roses, tulips or even carnations when I'm watching my pennies. I always try and get single colors instead of a mix of colors as I think it has a bigger impact.

Glove Slap said...

Oh, I haven't been able to afford flowers in so long! They were always the focus of my single-girl room, but now that I'm married my husband keeps the house trashed, so flowers are kind of pointless. I'm pondering how to put a stop to that.

I love peonies-- I'm not a big fan of pink; I love white, and/or the dark-red, almost-black ones! DRAMA!

celiajuno said...

I never buy Peonies but I have a lot of bubble bath and lotions in a peony scent. I like sunflowers but don't have a vase tall enough to show them off well. They are very happy flowers though and
I love looking at them. I need to find a better vase so I can buy them too.

I wish I could find white carnations more often. Carnations are my mom's favorite flower because it was the first flower my father gave her. He sends them to her every year on her anniversary.

Glove Slap, you should get a little bud vase and buy a single flower every once in a while and put it by your bed or on your desk.

Glove Slap said...

Celiajuno, what a great idea! I even already have some little vessels I can use! Thanks, I can't wait! (tsk-- wow, it's like you offered a little kid a lollipop...)