I am leaving to go to Dallas tomorrow for a week. I am going to visit my parents, my sister and my little nephew. To prepare for the trip I am creating a packing list of everything I need to take with me. Actually I am making two lists: one for clothes and another for personal care items. I am also making a list of everything I need to check before I leave: turn off all the lights, lock the doors, oven off, small appliances unplugged, etc. I should probably keep these lists on my computer and print them out when I need them.
I really like to make lists. I have notebooks full of lists. Lists of movies I want to see, books I want to read, places I want to visit, scarves I want to get, things I need for my house, birthdays I need to remember, etc. I always carry a tiny notebook in my handbag (separate from my journal) in case I need to make a list when I am away from home. When I am overwhelmed by everything I need to do I make a list and it gives me a sense of control. The best part about making the list is checking things off the list. When I can cross a list item off I feel like I have accomplished something and that always makes me feel better.
Do you make lists?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I am a committed list maker. Ironically I'm leaving today as well to visit my parents in Houston so I'm checking off my list as I pack. I buy sturdy spiral notebooks and journals just to make lists.
I am also a list maker. I find it helps me feel in control of my life, especially when it gets hectic. I take comfort in the listing and sorting, and always feel a sense of accomplishment when whent things get crossed off.
I am a listmaker of sorts, but I don't think quite as organised as you. I think I make my lists completely unachievable and end up feeling like a failure for not crossing anything off the list!!
Note to self ~ must try harder...
Have a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment