Thursday, April 9, 2009

Moleskine City Notebooks

I have been using Moleskine notebooks for years. I never leave home without one in my bag. I like to keep a journal. I always wanted to be a writer (actually a poet) but never really had the talent. Keeping a journal keeps the dream alive even if it never goes anywhere.

Recently the company introduced a line of notebooks called City Notebooks. The notebooks are a bit like a create your own vacation book. Each of them contains a detailed street map for the city as well as a metro/subway transportation map. The rest of the pages are blank to allow you to design your own travel guide. There are tabbed sections to write down information about your favorite hotels, restaurants, museums/attractions, shopping and other information. There are also several blank pages where you can write down notes or keep a journal of your trip. In the back of the book there is a pocket for storing receipts, tickets, and other keepsakes from your trip. I bought the Paris city notebook a week ago and I am having so much fun using it to plan my trip. I will have all my information from travel magazines, websites and blogs in one small book that slips easily into my handbag.




Of course, Paris isn't the only city available. There are several more European cities as well as a few cities in the United States, Canada and Asia. For more information you can visit the Moleskine website.

4 comments:

annecychic said...

I love the little Moleskin notebooks; they're handsome, nice to write in, and tuck nicely into a purse. With their map, tabbed sections, and the little pocket the City notebooks sound perfect for travel. You must be having great fun planning your Paris trip . . .

Stephanie said...

I like the idea they have customized them to a particular city. It's so much nicer that you will have your own guide rather than a bulky book to carry around on your trip. I guess you get to tailor it specifically to what you want to do. Great idea.

Ali @ Betty and Violet said...

I love these little notebooks ~ the fact that you can buy them tailored to particular cities is wonderful, now I just need to start planning a trip! This is a lovely post...

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

What a god idea, I shall look up the link thank you. I started writing a diary from the age of 10It's so lovely to dip back in to time and see what I was doing today say 25 years ago.
Have a lovely Easter
Isabelle x