1. Grace Kelly/ Rear Window

This is not my favorite of the Kelly/Hitchcock movies (To Catch a Thief takes that honor) but I think her wardrobe in this movie is the best of the three. Cool, classic, sophisticated beauty.2. Audrey Hepburn/ Breakfast at Tiffany's


Holly's clothes are fabulous and classic. I would love to have every piece hanging in my closet. My favorites: the Trench coat and her Wayfarer sunglasses.
3. Catherine Deneuve/ The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

Another fabulous trench coat. I need to get one. And I need a fabulous blue scarf to go with it. I love the pastel colors of her wardrobe in this film. And she has the perfect flat black shoes. Catherine is perfection.4. Gwyneth Paltrow/ A Perfect Murder

This was a terrible movie but her clothes are worth at least one viewing. Clean lines, dark colors, pearls, hermes scarves and a Kelly. Hmm, could be my wardrobe. I love her hair in this movie too, I wish I could wear mine that short.5. Julia Ormond/ Sabrina

Again, terrible remake but her fabulous wardrobe and the Paris scenes keep me watching.6. Marion Cotillard/ A Good Year

A little more casual but lovely just the same. That purple dress she wears is beautiful. My favorite outfit though is the knit top and skirt she wears when she finds Max in the pool. I wish I looked that good.What are your favorites?



8 comments:
These are all excellent choices. I also like To Catch A Thief wardrobe. I would also add the newer Thomas Crown Affair. I adore her wardrobe in that movie.
I totally forgot about Rene Russo. Your right, her clothes were fabulous.
"Thomas Crown Affair" is glorious. Good one! I also like "Amelie," though that clothing style doesn't suit me. For sheer fantasy, I love "Marie Antoinette."
And I have a feeling we'll all add "Coco Avant Chanel" in September.
I love Amelie. I also forgot Diane Lane's wardrobes in Under the Tuscan Sun and Unfaithful.
Can't wait for the Chanel movie, you're right the clothing will be great.
I forgot about Juliette Binoche in Chocolat. I loved the color palate of dusty blue and red as well as her full skirts, heels and cardigans. And I totally agree with Amelie, Under the Tuscan Sun and Unfaithful. There's another vintage movie called Designing Woman that has great over the top vintage dresses fitted to a T. Great post!
When I first saw rear window I couldn't get over Grace's bracelet so when I started making jewelry that's one of the first things I did. I love that movie and her style.
I'm late to the party, but I totally agree with the choices...were I tall and slender like Gwyneth Paltrow, I would have instantly adopted her entire wardrobe (at least a budget version) in Perfect Murder. As it was, I was inspired to wear my pearl choker more often with my french blue shirt.
Post a Comment