Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just a little update

OK, so here's a France plan update.

1. I added another $200 to the France fund, money received via consignment sales.

2. I have not been doing a good job with my French lessons. I fell after stepping in a pothole while walking Winston and broke my I-pod. (I also sprained my ankle.) I haven't replaced the I-pod yet so I haven't been listening to my lessons. I did watch Amelie and Venus Beauty Institute without subtitles. I have seen them so many times I am starting to understand many of the words. In addition, I bought two easy French readers (found at the Junior League thrift shop for $1.00.)

3. So far I have researched the Provence,Cote d'Azur and Normandy areas for places I might like to live. I have already written a post about one village. I will be posting more in the next couple of weeks.

4. I am going to Atlanta next month so I will see about visiting the consulate when I am there.

I have added another blog list section for blogs written by people who have relocated to France. If you know any other blogs you think I would enjoy or would be helpful to me please let me know. I have also added a list of some of my favorite books, movies that are about France or French related.

I am really starting to believe my dream may come true.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

You know I don't have a plan like this because I simply don't think it's possible for me, but I don't know why I'm limiting myself in this way. It's not impossible at all. Your plans are all very exciting to hear about. There is nothing like fulfilling a dream.

TeriGigi/Girl Meets Paris said...

I never knew starting a blog would connect me to people that think like me!
My husband and I dream about moving to France too! I love the steps you are taking. We think and plan and dream a lot, but with children and, well, my husband's JOB, it looks like we'll be here awhile. Our answer to that is to travel to France as often as we can.
I'm sure you watch International Househunters. We Tivo it when it's in Paris, we hit pause and redecorate all the apartments as we dream of buying one. It's fun.
Anyway...LOVE your blog. I will be keeping up with your progress...
XXOO

annecychic said...

It's only been a month since you posted "The France Plan" and look how much you've accomplished in that short time! I think it will be fascinating to see how much closer you'll be at this time next year . . .

annecychic said...

p.s. Learning a language on your own is a challenge, partly because you need to converse. Is it possible that there might be someone in your area who may also be trying to learn the language? Or, perhaps someone who speaks French but needs to practice their English?

There is a small French restaurant in my neighborhood where a group meets every Monday evening for dinner and to practice their French. Is it possible you could start such a group of your own?

Marsi said...

You know what? The time in your life is going to pass whether you do this planning or not, so you may as well stick to the planning! Hooray for you!

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

if you ever want to chat about my experience ... I'm happy to do so!