Tuesday, July 28, 2009

At My French Table

A few weeks ago I discovered a new blog, Une Petite Folie. If you have not yet read her blog please click on the link on the side of my blog and visit. She is a very talented photographer and has the most wonderful pictures of France on her blog. While reading her blog I noticed a book listed on the side of her blog, At My French Table.

This book reminds me so much of Vicki Archer's My French Life. The author, Jane Webster, is also Australian and moved with her family to France to renovate an old home. Ms. Webster's chateau is located in Normandy in the village of Bosgouet. This book is full of luscious pictures of the Normandy region as well as Paris. She tells the story of her family's move to France, adjusting to life in France and renovating the chateau. Ms. Webster really loves cook and is an excellent chef so her book also features a lot of information about shopping for a preparing food in France. There are many recipes which are divided by season (Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall). The photos that illustrate the recipe sections are mouth-watering.

Though I have not had an opportunity to read the entire book, I just received it today, I can already it will be a favorite. It will probably stay right by my bed next to Ms. Archer's book. Like My French Life, At My French Table would make an excellent coffee table book. Unfortunately this book is not available in the States yet, if you want it ( and you know you do) you will need to order it from Amazon UK.

Ms. Webster's home, Chateau Bosgouet, is open for week long stays. Her website lists the available dates along with sample itineraries under the Visiting Chefs section. I hope that she offers similar programs next year because I would love to stay here, Normandy is one of the regions I am considering as my French home.

3 comments:

Linda Carswell said...

I am sure you will enjoy this book...I love it, although it just makes me want to pack-up and move to France all the more.
We went to Honfleur...because of this book, it is a beautiful town...there are photos (ofcourse) on my blog...But on the way back to Paris we actually found Jane Webster's beautiful chateau...WOW!!
Enjoy your book, I'm so pleased I helped you find it.
Regards, Linda

Stephanie said...

Is it a big deal to order from amazon uk? I've never tried it before.

celiajuno said...

Linda: Thank you. I spend a lot of time looking at the pictures on your blog which also makes me want to pack up and move to France.

Stephanie: It is really simple to order from Amazon.uk. Just log on and set up an account. I have ordered many books from there over the years. They always have a better selection to me which makes the slight price increase worth it. They will now charge your card in dollars which means my card will not charge me a foreign transaction fee. Shipping is pretty quick and I have never been charged a customs fee.