The photo in the wooden frame is my favorite photo of my grandparents. They are on a boat getting ready to go fishing. The two little paintings I found in antique shops, I like Madonna and Child art and have many pieces. I have my little Eiffel Tower collection too in addition to my makeup and skin care.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Vanity for Humanity
A few days ago Stephanie over at Bonjour Madame posted this. I am fascinated by this book that Claudia at The Paris Apartment is putting together. I just sent her a photo of my vanity and I thought I would share it with you.
I inherited this piece when my grandmother passed away. I have been fascinated by the vanity since I was a child and would sit at it and play dress up when I was a little girl. It was part of a set of furniture that was given to my grandparents as a wedding present. It is 67 years old and is starting to show its age. I can't seem to make myself refinish it though because all the little marks and scratches are part of the vanity's history. The lace handkerchief is from Venice, I brought it back to my grandmother when I visited the city. When she passed I got it back. There is also a small sample size Shalimar perfume bottle on the silver tray. I think I already mentioned in a previous post that it was my grandmother's signature scent. She will have been gone ten years next week. I have been thinking about her a lot lately so this is a rather timely post.
The photo in the wooden frame is my favorite photo of my grandparents. They are on a boat getting ready to go fishing. The two little paintings I found in antique shops, I like Madonna and Child art and have many pieces. I have my little Eiffel Tower collection too in addition to my makeup and skin care.
The photo in the wooden frame is my favorite photo of my grandparents. They are on a boat getting ready to go fishing. The two little paintings I found in antique shops, I like Madonna and Child art and have many pieces. I have my little Eiffel Tower collection too in addition to my makeup and skin care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love your vanity, especially the story behind it. I've wanted a vanity ever since I was little and, at age 42, still don't have one.
*le sigh*
What a lovely vanity you have and I love the story behind it. We are powder puff sisters!
It is so nice and special to have a piece of furniture handed down from the family.
Lovely vanity!
Isabelle x
Post a Comment