

I have admired Princess Grace since I was a teenager. Though she was not born a princess, she is to me the very model of everything a princess should be: kind, regal, and a lady. She is my role model.
The first solo vacation I ever took was to Monaco. It was a wonderful trip and her presence is still strong even two decades after her passing. Two years ago, to commemorate the 25th anniversary of her death, the Principality of Monaco put together an exhibition of her personal belongings. When the exhibit traveled to Sotheby's in New York I had an opportunity to attend. It was amazing and I really got a better feel for who she was. My favorite item in the exhibit was a poem handwritten for Grace by a six year old Princess Stephanie. It touched my heart.
The picture below is of my Princess Grace accessory collection: my Kelly bag, my pearls and my Hermes Deo Juvante Monaco scarf (issued in 1958 to celebrate the anniversary of the Prince and Princess of Monaco's wedding.) They are my favorite wardrobe items and whenever I wear these items I feel a little like a Princess.



2 comments:
She was so beautiful and elegant. I love her movies too. How wonderful that you got to go to Monaco. I love your accessories, they are very chic and classic.
Lovely post, lovely accessories. Really, I think I am the only francophile that doesn't own Hermes . . .
I was disappointed you missed the giveaway on my blog, but I really want you to have a Moutet for your white kitchen. You must send me your mailing info and tell me your favorite color; I think I might have an extra . . .
Post a Comment