Most of the time when I sit down to watch a movie I just want to be entertained. I love romantic comedies. Sure they may be unrealistic but I like movies that end happy. I live in the real world, I don't want to pay $10 to see it on the big screen.
Many of my favorite movies are not critically acclaimed. One of these movies is A View From the Top. This movie stars Gwyneth Paltrow as Donna Jensen a young woman who has a really sad life. The movie begins with possibly the worst workday ever. She goes home and sees a television interview with Sally Weston (Candice Bergen) the world's most famous flight attendant. Donna buys her book and decides to become a flight attendant. After working for one of the saddest airlines in the world she gets an opportunity to become a flight attendant for Royalty Air, the same airline for which Sally Weston worked.
Donna gets a chance to meet her idol who takes an instant liking to her and becomes her mentor. Donna has a dream to work as a first class flight attendant on the New York to Paris route, just like Sally did. Of course, this doesn't happen right away but Donna doesn't waste her time. She hangs posters of France in her apartment and teaches herself to speak French. She meets a guy too, Ted Stewart (played by the ever adorable Mark Ruffalo.)
I think one of the reasons I like this film is because she never lets go of her dream, she knows one day she will get what she wants. Gwyneth has said in interviews that she hated having to make this film but I don't know why. It is a cute movie that has a good cast and a couple of wonderful scenes in Paris. If you like Paris and romantic comedies, rent this movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I just laughed out loud several times watching the trailer. It looks hilarious! I will have to watch this very soon. Thanks for sharing.
I own this movie as it's one of my favorite!!!! BTW, I've been stopping by your blog for some time now but just had the chance to comment as my internet at home is so slow.
I watched this on television, then went out and bought the DVD so I could watch it again and again.
Post a Comment