"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."
—A.A. Milne
I am sorry I have been MIA. It seems that my life is anything but simple these days. I don't see it calming down until July so forgive me if I only post once a week. I think what I miss most is reading all of your blogs. I am hoping to catch up on that this weekend.
I love the above quote. Though I really want to be, I am anything but orderly. As I have been cleaning out my closets and home, trying to get ready for guests to visit, I have discovered a few useful things. It seems that my closet is a bit like a thrift store, the storage containers are full of a lot of junk but if you dig deep enough you can find a treasure: a great pair of silver earrings from Tiffany's I thought I had lost, a cute pair of denim capri pants which are perfect for summer and a pair of slides that have sneaker like bottoms that have been great for walking Winston in the summer heat. It has been kind of nice finding these things. Normally, when I am feeling stressed (like I have been lately) I will go out and shop. This time though, instead of heading to the mall, all I had to do was shop my closet.
Have you ever shopped your closet?



3 comments:
The quote fits your post perfectly! I have never 'shopped my closet' though I am learning this actually is a recommendation by many--someone told me there is even a book on the topic.
No need to apologize for not posting--life gets very busy at times. The last thing you want to feel guilty about is blogging, or, not blogging. Maybe for now, once a week will have to do, non?
Also, aren't you getting ready to go to France soon? You must have so much to do!
I don't go to France until October but it is getting close. I think about it all the time. Are you going to France this summer?
Shopping your closet can yield lots of surprises. I've been watching a show on tv by Lloyd Boston called Closet Cases and I love it. He weeds out a closet getting rid of the bad and keeping the good and then shopping to fill in what's missing and in the process, they do a literal makeover of the closet and shelving. It makes me want to organize my closet every time I watch it.
Post a Comment