Thursday, March 26, 2009

Introduction

Well, it seems everyone I know is blogging so I may as well start too. The title of the blog, A Simple Life, is what I am striving to achieve. I have too much clutter in my life and I need to clear out the bad and keep only what is good. Hopefully this blog will help me discover what to keep and give me the courage to rid my life of the rest.

A little about me:

1. I live in a smallish town in Alabama, I moved here about three years ago from Atlanta. As much as I loved living in Atlanta, it was not conducive to simple living. When the opportunity came to join my family's business, I jumped at the chance to quit my 60 hour a week job and slow down a bit.

2. I am obsessed with France and have been for as long as I can remember. I made my first visit to France when I was 15. I loved it and every time I return I feel like I am coming home. I want to live there one day. I think one of the reasons I like my town in Alabama is that it has a very French feel to it, it was founded by the French in 1702 and remained a French Colony until it's transfer to Britain in 1763.

3. I love Hermes scarves. I first encountered Hermes on that first trip to Paris. I stood mesmerized outside the window looking at all the beautiful scarves. When I turned 21, I purchased my very first scarf and was walking on air when I left the store. When I got home I immediately put it on and felt like a princess. I am fortunate to have received quite a few more in the 18 years that followed. Each one is a work of art.

4. I love books. I have books all over the house. I could probably start my own library with my collection. This is going to be an issue when I try and clear out some of them. But it must be done.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay, new blog! Congrautlations! I think we might have a lot in common. I'm trying very hard to bring a little bit of France to where I live now. And I love to simplify! That is a work in progress. It sounds like you've been to France a lot. I truly look forward to reading your posts!

-Stephanie

celiajuno said...

Thank you for the comment. I really enjoy reading your blog and do feel like we probably have quite a few things in common.

Mary