Friday, March 27, 2009

Forty

My best friend and I are both turning 40 this year. I am a little depressed about it because there are so many things I wanted to accomplish before I reached this age. After crying on the phone one night, my friend suggested that we celebrate by renting an apartment in Paris for a week. Her mother agreed to spend the week at her house to help her husband take care of the kids. She is turning 40 before we leave but we will be in Paris on my actual birthday. Our thought is that I can't be depressed if I am in such a beautiful place.

We had plenty of FF miles and were each able to obtain a business class ticket. We didn't anticipate the problems we would have finding and reserving an apartment. After three months of searching, and lots of disappointments later, we finally found the perfect apartment on Monday. I signed the contract and sent off the deposit yesterday. It is a two bedroom apartment in the 5th. When you step out of the door you see Notre Dame. It is perfect and I can't wait to stay there. We have both been to Paris before but never together so this is going to be a lot of fun.

There is still more planning to do but at least we have plane tickets and a place to stay. The rest can wait until much later.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ok, this is freaky, I'm turning 40 this year too. I have not accepted that reality yet, but I know it's coming. You are going to have so much fun in Paris! I think that is a great area to stay and an apartment will be so much better than a tiny hotel room. I can't wait to hear all about it!