I think brooches are very versatile pieces of jewelry. They can really dress up a plain black cardigan and add a touch of sparkle to a simple white blouse. I sometimes use them to turn my opera length pearls into a beautiful choker necklace. The picture on the left is most of my collection and they are all very special to me. All of them belonged to my grandmother except for the pin on the far right. That one was a gift from my sister. She bought it to place on my maid of honor bouquet at her wedding.
Do you ever wear brooches?



8 comments:
I love brooches, but don't wear them often enough. These are all so pretty. I think my favorite one is on the left in the middle. It's a unique shape. How do you make your pearls into a choker using a brooch?
I saw whispy curtains tied back with brooches in a magazine once and loved the idea. I've also seen some lately made into magnets. I thought that was a pretty neat idea too.
Its interesting that you posted this now. Last night on the train home from where I volunteer there was a man on the train asking people for money. Now living in the city, I get asked for money be lots of people but this one struck me as he was wearing black and white plaid pants, a b/w plaid hat, a black velvet shirt and huge starburst brooch over his left breast. His clothes were a bit baggy and ill-fitting but I must say I've never seen such a stylish beggar!
Yes, I love brooches. I like to wear them in clusters or as a belt "buckle" on a ribbon.
You're up on my roll. Thank you for the supreme compliment of including me on yours.
Loved your comment the other day. Fascinating.
I wear brooches and love them as well! I have some in Our Scented Cottage Shoppe if you're interested! Check the Victorian Lovlies section!
I absolutely adore brooches. Especially animal ones, I've gathered a small zoo of those. I wear them on coats, jackets and plain t-shirts.
I love brooches and I usually wear them on a jacket. I have a few, but none of them are heirlooms or have any real significance besides just liking how they look!
You have a wonderful collection, and a sentimental one, which makes it all the better. My favorite one is the same as Stephanie's; I love the Art Deco styling. I don't wear too many brooches myself, though I do have several that I like.
I like to pin a brooch to the neck part of my turtleneck sweaters in winter, rather than at the shoulder. Can't remember where I saw that done, but I thought it was stylish as all get out and now do it myself.
I've just started offering a vintage pin collection in my little shop in Brantôme...I've had my own small collection for years, a mix of those given and those found.
I really like the idea of repurposing them of other uses ... especially the curtain idea presented here. I'm going to have to try that in the shop, since we have a mix that includes décor ... wouldn't that be pretty on a canopy bed too?
Post a Comment